Last night Rob, Cheryl & Porter came over for dinner, & we went down to The Point after.
I have known Porter since about 2.3 seconds after his mother found out she was pregnant.
{I'm pretty sure I was anxiously pacing outside the bathroom door}
I was there the morning after his arrival, gingerly holding him & adoring his pudgy little cheeks.
Well those pudgy cheeks are still there, but he's all grown up now.
I can barely pick him up & cuddle him anymore, & he is no longer a simple sweet precious baby, he has a mind & will of his own. One that will unpredictably launch into loud bursts of descriptions of explosions, big squishy turtles & tactics & strategies for defeating various video game villains.
It all happened too fast *sniff*
{& he's not even mine!}
But last night as we were down at The Point I got a short & sweet reminder of the adorable little baby he once was.
We were throwing rocks into the water, & he snuggled right into my arms & rested there. Just watching the water {& waiting for his mommy to collect him more rocks from the shore that he could throw} As he waited patiently {as patiently as a four year old can wait}. I couldn't help but think of how much I am tried of waiting for our own child.

I love Porter to pieces - but I cannot wait for our own.
{But ours aren't allowed to grow up}
I have known Porter since about 2.3 seconds after his mother found out she was pregnant.
{I'm pretty sure I was anxiously pacing outside the bathroom door}
I was there the morning after his arrival, gingerly holding him & adoring his pudgy little cheeks.
Well those pudgy cheeks are still there, but he's all grown up now.
I can barely pick him up & cuddle him anymore, & he is no longer a simple sweet precious baby, he has a mind & will of his own. One that will unpredictably launch into loud bursts of descriptions of explosions, big squishy turtles & tactics & strategies for defeating various video game villains.
It all happened too fast *sniff*
{& he's not even mine!}
But last night as we were down at The Point I got a short & sweet reminder of the adorable little baby he once was.
We were throwing rocks into the water, & he snuggled right into my arms & rested there. Just watching the water {& waiting for his mommy to collect him more rocks from the shore that he could throw} As he waited patiently {as patiently as a four year old can wait}. I couldn't help but think of how much I am tried of waiting for our own child.
I love Porter to pieces - but I cannot wait for our own.
{But ours aren't allowed to grow up}
Get your hands on the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Highly recommended. :)
ReplyDeleteSarah
Thanks for the recommendation - I've already read it thoroughly, twice. :D It's a great book and a great practice! We've been following her model for almost a year now.
ReplyDeleteYeah! I recommend that book a lot - and you're the first person who has even heard of it before, let alone read it and practiced it. Yeah!
ReplyDeleteI'll send you a msg on fb tonight with some date/time possibilities for supper. Nathan & I are looking forward to getting together with you. :)