Nov 24, 2009

Giveaway!

Since it's almost Christmas time & I'm in a giving mood, I thought a giveaway would be appropriate for my internet friends.

{I'm also cheating & making it the photo of the day for Nov 23rd}


I thought I would giveaway this pack of 5 'Neapolitan' all occasion cards.


They're all handmade by me, & are perfect for little thank you notes or you can wrap the whole set & re-gift them to someone as a stocking stuffer for Christmas!

{I'm all for re-gifting}


To top it all off, they come in this cute little collection box.

To win, please leave me a comment about your favorite Christmas tradition - ps. you can have an EXTRA chance to win if you refer a friend & have them enter the contest too, but make sure to tell them to mention your name in their comment!

The winner will be announced Thursday December 10th.

10 comments:

  1. We had a few traditions growing up.
    The tree went up the first Sunday afternoon in December (I still do that)

    We always would do stockings first, Christmas morning and Mom would make cinnamon buns. While they were cooking my Dad would read the Christmas story from the Bible and we would reflect on the year and the things that we are thankful for.
    After a light breakfast we did presents.

    The afternoon we always watched the Star Wars trilogy (I know it's weird, but it was a gift one year and my sister and I LOVE Star Wars)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my tradition growing up was:
    we could not leave our bedrooms until at least 7am.
    first one downstairs turned the coffee on
    we all met up in the living room, except for dad because he had to go pick up Grandma.
    My brother an i got to demolish stockings and occupy ourselves with the contents.
    As soon as Grandma walked through the door it was a free for all for the presents.
    After the living room didn't look so much like a battlefield we had cinnamon buns (homemade of course) that mum had heated up because she was smart and made them the night before.
    For the rest of the day we lounged around the house.

    That was our Christmas growing up. Now it's time to start a new tradition for our kids that hopefully they will remember as vividly as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite Christmas memory is having tourtiere (french canadian meat pie) on Christmas Eve and then heading to midnight mass at church. The lights were always brighter on Christmas Eve and by the time we were done church, on a full belly, we had no problem sleeping. It wasn't till I stopped going to late mass that I was up all night with the anticipation of unwrapping presents. My friend, Ann-Marie, sent me the link to this blog post. She's the best and deserves the prize! (note shameless plug).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really remember alot of traditions from when I was young but have tried really hard to create some for our family. We always open our stockings together often together the four of us on our bed. Then open one gift -make breakfast - open another present or 2 - the kids still enjoy the long process of opening gifts.

    p.s. Ann-Marie told me to write :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to tell you about a tradition that I grew up with and now have passed on to my child. Its just a fun thing that I always remember, and looked forward to growing up. Each year on Christmas Eve my Mom would put out the christmas baking, cheese and crackers etc, and my parents would give us kids one gift before bed. Sometimes it was something small for each of us (a pair of pajamas, most of the time us three girls matched!)or one big gift for us to all share (it was a karaoke machine one year, so we all sat around singing christmas songs before bed)
    It was something that we looked forward to after Chrismas Mass. Now Cameron gets to look forward to opening just one small thing each Christmas Eve, while we stuff our faces with Christmas cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favourite Christmas traditions actually takes place on Christmas eve. My family would all pile into the van once it got dark out, turn on the Christmas music and drive around Owen Sound and look at all the lights and decorations. My brother and sister and I always had a contest counting Christmas trees in people's windows, and we would vote on our favourite decorations. When we would get home, my mom and dad let us open our Christmas pajamas. Even though I'm married and moved away, my mom still gets me and my siblings Christmas pjs every year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    (AnnMarie from Chicks With Sticks sent me over here to your blog!)

    When I was a little girl on Christmas morning, my sisters and I would get up quite early. We were allowed to check out our stockings and we were allowed to colour in our new colouring books with our new crayons that were always laying under the tree. But we were not allowed to open presents until Mom & Dad woke up (why do parents always sleep so long on Christmas morning??? I think it's a form of torture!).

    After breakfast we'd open gifts together and then we'd tidy up the mess while Mom worked on the festive meal preparations. Mid afternoon, the grandparents and uncles and aunts and cousins would roll in and we'd all eat too much and finish the day off with board games or playing outside in the snow. It's a great memory for me.

    Also, there was no Star Wars at our house, AnnMarie... and I still haven't watched ANY of them.... sorry. :O)

    ~Michelle Found
    Picton, Ontario, Canada
    www.fiddlersfound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We would hang stockings on christmas eve and then "santa" would come while we were sleeping but my parents were jerks about it in the morning. (if you know my mom, this is all the funnier) We'd be up at 7:00am and we'd go into our parents room because we weren't allowed to go downstairs to see the presents until everyone was ready. This is where they became jerks: My parents would go downstairs and put on coffee. We'd sit on the stairs waiting for the coffee to brew.. then they'd pour themselves a cup and my mom and dad would come upstairs and climb BACK into bed, sitting up against the headboard slowly sipping their coffee with a smirk. We'd have to wait til they finished their coffee before going downstairs. it was christmas HELL. ;) But now that I look back, it was funny. They only did it because they enjoyed giving us a hard time. I see you and Mat doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got to be kidding me Les! Mat is totally uncontainable on Christmas morning. We'll probably be the one waking up our kids! *laugh*
    That's a great tradition though (for your parents) I love your mom, tell her I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite part of Christmas was when all 5 of us plus the cat would pile onto my parents' bed (only a double bed), and open our stockings while my parents groggily woke up and smiled at our uncontainable delight. That was the first thing we'd do. We also used to wake up at like 4am, and we'd have to stay in bed until 7am, so my brother and I would come into eachothers' rooms and keep each other company because we were too excited to sleep. Christmas still causes me giddy excitement, only not so much that I wake up at 4am. I like my sleep... although not past 7 or 8!! :)

    ReplyDelete