Nov 28, 2009

My Talented Mother

Photo for Nov 28th 2009

Mat, my mother & I went to a greenhouse that is just down the street from where we live. Mat & I bought our Christmas tree!! We haven't brought it inside yet due to the type of tree it is (Scott's Pine) the cooler & more damp it is the longer the needles will last so we are going to bring it in next weekend. For now its just laying in our backyard.

After getting our tree, my mother & I went on a while drive around the countryside collecting the following:


Branches, twigs, bushy things, & prickly things
{Apparently they all have names, what they are I don't know}

She then proceeded to make this beautiful arrangement that the greenhouse was selling for a rather high price.
I was so proud that she was able to make something so professional looking, & she didn't have to pay for it! I am so impressed, I went out and trudged through the dirt & fields for more of these branches, twigs, bushy things & prickly things so that she can make one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment