One of my favorite parts about Christmas decorating is the peace it brings. There is something to subtle about it, maybe the lights, or the glitter. It's so silent & pretty, especially first thing in the morning when it's cold outside, warm inside & the world is still quiet.
This morning was a little rough for me as Mat headed to Hamilton. His commute means killer anxiety for me. After he called at 6:50am to tell me he got to Oshawa okay, I finally settled into the usual morning routine...but today it was accompanied by an atmosphere of peace. There were all these visual reminders of Jesus' birth all throughout our house - & while it didn't instantly squash my anxieties, it did remind me of the hope that there is in Jesus for all the trials of life. I'll probably take a lite of photos of the decorations we have throughout the house as the days go by, but today this was the first one I took a bit of time to look at.

This morning was a little rough for me as Mat headed to Hamilton. His commute means killer anxiety for me. After he called at 6:50am to tell me he got to Oshawa okay, I finally settled into the usual morning routine...but today it was accompanied by an atmosphere of peace. There were all these visual reminders of Jesus' birth all throughout our house - & while it didn't instantly squash my anxieties, it did remind me of the hope that there is in Jesus for all the trials of life. I'll probably take a lite of photos of the decorations we have throughout the house as the days go by, but today this was the first one I took a bit of time to look at.
Have you started to decoate for the holidays yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment