Feb 22, 2010

you know who you are.

...or do you? & you?

Well I want to apologize right off the bat that I don't have internet & cannot be more pro-active in my blog posting.

That being said, you & you, who have internet access better keep up your frequent posting, it's delightful to catch up with you that way. (Though I would much prefer actually seeing you)

I love blogging for the sake of keeping in touch.

For those of you who may be reading this for some other reason, that's fine., but I don't expect to write anything profound or entertaining...so don't get your hopes up.

Now...back to the regular part of this post...for you & you.

Mat & I didn't do too much this weekend.

Mat worked late Friday night - he's doing some house renos with his uncle Mike on the side.
We went to a friends house later Friday & played the Bean Game. I won, twice. :)

Saturday Mat was writing a sermon (on the worship passages in Revelation) & also had a paper for school to do, so I scrapbooked most of the day.
I started a 6x6 scrapbook about the six of us! I think I am going to scrap in 6x6 from now on. It's quicker & less cost. To be totally honest I am trying to use up all my scrapbooking stuff & reduce what I buy and take on smaller projects - like making a few cards here & there.

Sunday was church (of course) Mat preached well. :) Then we just chilled all day. I started reading The Hobbit sometime last week. It was hard to convince myself to continue reading it after the first few chapters - well, this weekend I could hardly put it down! I cannot wait for the movie.

Last night (Sunday night) was kinda rough. The evenings before Mat has to commute to Hamilton are always emotional for me. I think about what like would be like if he died suddenly & it makes me cry. I don't like to pretend that everything will be alright, because I know we're not 'special'. I also don't like to hear that God is in control, as if that is supposed to be comforting, because as much as I know He is in control, that doesn't necessarily mean that everything in this life is going to be sunshine and rainbows for me. The only hope I carry through this is the fact that I know God's will and purpose is ultimately for the good of His kingdom.

Which brings us to today, Monday. Between reading the chapter about the giant spiders in the Hobbit, & stressing about Mat leaving, I didn't sleep well last night. Today I have a lot of anxiety. I keep praying that God will protect Mat on the highway tonight (its supposed to snow a lot) & bring him home to me safely. It's making each hour crawl by agonizingly. I've never wanted 9:30pm to come faster than now.

I also have small group with the girls from Spirit Borne tonight. Our second last night together. It's sad & hard to believe that the semester is almost finished. I've really enjoyed it.

Anyway, that is the boring mundane life of me. If you can/will - please pray for Mat tonight. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. You played the bean game? Isn't it awesome? :) Too bad I wasn't there to play it with you. I'll have to bring it with me in August! :):)

    ReplyDelete