Oct 1 - Week 12
Babycakes is 12 weeks old today!
When I told Mat this, he said, "oh I just want to make a cake to celebrate!"
Cute, yes. But I thought, "That means a cake every week!"
* * *
There isn't really too much to say really. We've started to double check everyone we have told thus far & make sure that our closest friends know before it becomes public knowledge & they hear it through the grapevine.
After Thanksgiving the flood gates are open....though I have my suspicions that there are a few people who won't find the news too new.
ie: The pastors wife. For about a month or more now, whenever we've been caught in a conversation together her eyes always manage to find and linger on my belly. Which is awkward to say the least but then I think that if the roles were reversed, I would probably do that same thing so, no harm no fowl. {whatever that means}
Today as I took the lovely Autumn stroll from our house to my mothers to write this silly little blog for ya'll, I found myself talking to the little Squeaker...out loud {I think} I told her* that we're both very excited that that I hope she is learning somehow that I am a very happy momma. I also told him* that I am looking forward to feeling his kicks & squirms, but asked him to take it easy on me. It's good to communicate these things early.
Oh, I also got up this morning ate a wicked mound of bran cereal...
{yeah, BRAN, not because I need to but because eggs in the morning kinda don't really agree with my taste buds and right now I have nothing but pure loathing for bread}
...& some grapefruit {which I am coming to love}...
& then promptly went back to sleep for an hour.
I love to excuse of being preggo for doing things like that.
Anyway. I am hopefully off to buy some Swaddlers from a lady down the street {yay for kijiji} in the meantime it's eating time again.....always nice to raid my mom's fridge.
* * *
*We do not know the gender of the baby, nor will we find out. I randomly select a gender when talking about the baby so as to keep form referring to her as an 'it'.
No comments:
Post a Comment