Mar 27, 2011

Take A Number

38 weeks

So there is this blogger I've been following for over a year now and it JUST so happened that we got pregnant at the same time. She was (from what I can tell) simply ONE DAY ahead of me.
Well last night she had her baby! Which is thrilling because a new life has been brought safely into this world...but it is also very freaky when I think *gulp* I'M NEXT! And "NEXT" could mean any day now.

I have no more "real life" friends that are expecting before me, and the only ones left expecting are all due after me!

It's like when you waiting in line for something, but you have to take a number, and you know everyone in front of you and what numbers they have, and you sit and you watch and you wait while all their numbers get called and then FINALLY you know you are next and you are sitting waiting waiting waiting for your number, to get called. Like 24/7 pins and needles.
(meanwhile you know all the people who have numbers after you too, and they're all waiting for you to get called as well...)

Oh and I had my first labour-related dream last night (I haven't had one since the second trimester) I made my midwife mad by calling her too early. Nothing to devastating in reality but of course in your dreams its all so much more terrible.

Anyway, I best go get ready for church, Mat is preaching today! Let's hope my number doesn't get called in the middle of that!




1 comment: