Apr 28, 2009

First Day Part 2

When your first day involves sushi...you know things are going to be good. :)

In all seriousness, it was good. Overwhelming with information, as all first days are, but I really don't feel like its something I'll NEVER get the hang of. Which is good.

It does seem like a lot of data-entry, and when it boiled down, it really is. But more than that, all the things I'll be doing are time consuming and essential, and for the guys running programs with the kids, I can see how important it would be for them to not have to take care of these things themselves. It frees them up to think on nothing but the youth they are working with. I'm happy to be able to use some of my gifts to help others to invest in kids.

The people in the office (all 3 of them) are pretty awesome. I've already witnessed one of the office pranks...putting all the phones on 'intercom' and saying random, weird and disturbing things...like "Clean up on aisle 5", or "nipples".

I think it might be a good place to be for the next year. If you want to know more check out the website here.

4 comments:

  1. "Clean up in aisle 3" is one of Gene's fav's at Spring Garden. As well as, in a very angry tone, Ms. Little, please report to the principals office - NOW!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website looks like it is being squatted, due to the layout and all the links lead to lame search results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind, it was a typo in the post
    http://www.qyfc.com/
    leads to the real site, definitely not squatted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you have to invite me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete