Mat (the hubs) and I rarely spend more than a few hours apart. We've been attached at the hip since we met it seems. So it makes those times when we have to be apart all that much harder.
The first time we had to 'split', I cried and cried and cried. It was a WHOLE WEEK without him, and it was horrible and I thought I would never see him again. Today he left for Toronto, and left me here in Quinte. It's only until Wednesday, but it was sad and hard to kiss him goodbye, and I watched their car every last second I could as they made for the highway.
Some people have told me that I don't trust God to take care of him, and I've thought that myself but its more than that. I am scared for his safety, yes, of course. But moreover, I just feel lacking without his presence. I love him so much and the 'oneness' of our marriage is something so embedded in me that it pains me to be apart.
I'm eagerly awaiting his phone call to let me know he's there okay (a phone call ever wife waits for I'm sure) After that, I'm going to eat dinner and watch 24...basically do everything I can to keep my mind off the fact that he isn't here.
The first time we had to 'split', I cried and cried and cried. It was a WHOLE WEEK without him, and it was horrible and I thought I would never see him again. Today he left for Toronto, and left me here in Quinte. It's only until Wednesday, but it was sad and hard to kiss him goodbye, and I watched their car every last second I could as they made for the highway.
Some people have told me that I don't trust God to take care of him, and I've thought that myself but its more than that. I am scared for his safety, yes, of course. But moreover, I just feel lacking without his presence. I love him so much and the 'oneness' of our marriage is something so embedded in me that it pains me to be apart.
I'm eagerly awaiting his phone call to let me know he's there okay (a phone call ever wife waits for I'm sure) After that, I'm going to eat dinner and watch 24...basically do everything I can to keep my mind off the fact that he isn't here.
I'm with you N!
ReplyDeleteI hate, hate, HATE it too! The worst was in February when he had to fly to Regina for work. So not fun.
And then when I drove to the airport (through a bloody monsoon) SUPER excited to pick him up at the end of the week I waited for an hour and finally realised his plane was delayed by 3.5 hours, and I had to come all the way home sad and alone, wait until 1:30 and then go back.
It sucks.
That would suck, and then I'm sure you are left wondering, "why is the plane delayed?"
ReplyDelete*Awe, shucks*
ReplyDelete