Apr 26, 2009

Why does the sky have to be grey today?

I mean...of all the days, today was the one I could have really used some sunshine and cheery summer-like atmosphere. Instead - the grey, drab, bleak, sad calm of a colorless sky.

(I love the irony that this blog is all colorful clouds)

Yesterday we did it..we moved. Today were a little sore, tired and sad in the heart. For some strange reason nothing really hit me until last night when I laid down to sleep. I grabbed a piece of paper and here is part of what I wrote:

"After 4 years in Toronto, Mat and I have moved...back to Quinte, for my new job with Youth Unlimited. It was fun Saturday morning getting up early and walking to Tim Hortons for breaky with Mat. It was fun getting the moving truck and hanging out with friends all afternoon. Heck, even the drive in the crazy lightening storm on the 401 was fun! But it's not so fun now.
It's not fun knowing we can never go back. Newton Dr. will never be our street again. That apartment is no longer ours to call home. It's not fun knowing our friendships (our amazing friendships) will permanently change from here on out. It's not fun knowing we are going to be missing out on hanging out with everyone. It's not fun at all. It sucks.
I really hope something good comes of this. I'm just trusting God that we did the right thing."

And thus, this sort of depressing mood is where I have been all day. It's like the weather is depressed too. I'd like to have the energy to work on my new awesome antique Raighleigh bike, but even if I did I couldn't go for a ride in this weather.

My first day of work is Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it, I really am. But it is one of the the only things I am looking forward to being back in Quinte. It just seems like all the most incredible blessings we've had in life, we just said goodbye to yesterday.

In the meantime, does any one have any good suggestions on how to chase away the blues on a grey day?


3 comments:

  1. oh please don't be sad!. i will be your friend!!!
    moving is so sad, its always at least bittersweet. and it still sucks 6 years later when i see my friends that i grew up with status's on facebook and i have NO idea whats going on in their world. everything is an experience. as for grey clouds. i'm always up for a bottle of wine and a board game. lol.
    -andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* "bottle of wine and a board game"
    Oh Andrea, you do make me smile.
    I'm really looking forward to this bbq Mat was telling me about???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling more settled each day in your new home! Hope this new adventure opens up many doors and lots of windows full of possibilities, excitement, and sweet friendships! Thinking of you!....I'll email soon...I have been working on trying to get all my computer issues straightened out. I cannot even begin to tell you how many hours I have spent on all this...Having to remove everything from my desktop and laptop and reload. And, not quite finished yet! What a job it has been...but, I 'm getting there and trying to catch up. :)

    Chat with you soon! Hope this finds you having a good day!!

    ReplyDelete