May 19, 2009

Yesterdays Scraps

Quite simply - I love my husband.
& I've had this pictures of him for a few years now. He took them of himself at a school event I was helping with on Student Council. I thought they were awesome photos - even though they are a bit blurry - and I just knew some day I'd have to scrap them.

Well, lately the hubby has had this theory - well, more than a theory - an observation of fact - that most characters in movies and tv shows who wear converse shoes are a specific type of "romantic hero" (not romantic as in love and kisses) but they type of hero who rebels against authority or society, does their own thing, is an individual (meaning they are at odds with the majority), and typically they are a child or childlike. (For example: Kramer from Seinfeld, House, Hawkeye from MASH, & Harry Potter) Now, this isn't a hard and fast description, nor is it exhaustive. I did notice though that to some extent, my husband does adhere to some of these qualities - & *surprise surprise* he wears converse shoes.

I was glad to finally find the perfect theme for scraping these pics.

Also I did this pic of our friends, Chris and Beth with their baby boy, Isaac. This is a pic from WAY back in September. I just never could find the right layout or the right paper or the right motivation. *laugh*

I love keeping some layouts just really simple with a few concentrated areas of eye candy. This was one of those pictures that needed to be the main focus of the page. I am so happy with the way it turned out.

Now I can finally move on to pictures from this year that need to be printed and scrapped!

Do you have tons of old photos laying around that you have yet to scrap?

1 comment: