Jun 22, 2009

this weekend.

This weekend Mat and I celebrated our 4th anniversary.
Every year he buys me lilies {and every year I love them} This year I was hinting at yellow. They just looked so fresh and vibrant. He out two of them in bright blue planters (above) and one in a turquoise pot we got at a yard sale for a quarter. It makes me happy. Last night I was actually looking at them - thinking about how beautiful they are and it made me think of how beautiful God made this earth. There are so many precious and pretty things, lilies are just one of many. Berries are another.


For our anniversary we have pretty much have gone berry picking every year. This year we had to celebrate just a little early because next weekend we have Adam and Andrea's wedding! {sooo excited!!} It was really hard to find a farm that was letting people pick their own. We thought we had found one, so we drove all the way out to Rendersville in the pouring rain on Saturday and we got shot down at the door. {sooo disappointing}

It wasn't all a loss though. We stopped at an antique shop on the way home and I found some great 4 pane windows that have that aged look to them. {I have been looking for one for years, but they were always too expensive} The ones we spotted in this store were under $20! So when we move {hopefully this week} i'll be able to find a spot for it in our new house and go back and buy one.


Anyway, back to my berry story.
Sunday after church we thought we'd swing by a popular country market to at lease pick up some 'picked' berries to take home. {I was pretty bummed out} The season hasn't been so good in this area and with working 9-5 I thought I was going to miss out on the picking all together. But as we drove up to the market we saw people picking out in the fields! {I was literally beaming with excitment} We picked from 1pm until about 4pm. We now how a little over 50 lbs of strawberries to take us through the winter. The anniversary tradiation remains.

You little berries have NO idea how happy you are going to make me.


Mat made me this beautiful frame. I love the old barn board look and have drooled over picture frames in the store before that have that classic aged look. I am still amazed that he made this. The photo inside is one I took last weekend at Colleen's farm. When I look at it I think of farm fresh eggs in the morning (because that's what we were doing when I took this pic) So I am hoping to add this to our kitchen decor, which is kind of a diner theme - I think it'll fit in nicely.


Speaking of handmade - I have not forgotten my promise about taking pics of the projects I have on the go. I am working on that post as I write this one. I still have a few more pics to take but soon enough my lovelies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment