Jun 19, 2009

& not a picture to share

Mat and I have so much on the go right now - we are anxiously awaiting the day when our new landlords {the lovely David & Mary} call us to let us know that our new little two bedroom house is all renovated & ready to be lived in.

They are great little homes. They own five of them & the one we are moving into they had almost finished renovating. New paint, new bathroom, new floors. It's beautiful. We loved it. But when we looked at it back at the beginning of June, there were a few things still needing to be done. So we're waiting & waiting & waiting. Soon though!

In the meantime I have so many projects that I have been either slowly working on, or considering working on that have yet to be started. Knowing that soon we'll be moving again has really forced me to get my butt in gear.

Sadly not a picture to share however. Sorry. I'll will take some though!

First is our dining table. We got it for free from Tyndale. The muffin shop was renovated & they didn't want it anymore. You should see this thing {I know, it's MY fault you're not seeing it now} It's got a solid wood top with those nice antique french white curvy legs. {Yes horrible description, I know, I'll take a picture} Anyway, the top needs some serious sanding down & to be re-sealed before it can be our dining table, otherwise our hands & plates will stick to the surface {what a nice excuse that would be for not doing the dishes though!}.

Second is my bike. {*yay* my bike} I love this thing. It's an original Raleigh bike from Nottingham England. My neighbour in Toronto was throwing it out {!?} so I snatched it & tossed out my old bike. The Raleigh had some serious rust & age issues. I sanded her all down, {oh how the chrome shined!} & the other night my father-in-law & I took her all apart {she looks so small and insignificant in pieces!} We're going to paint her all up right, put new tires on her & the whole works. It was so much fun taking it apart with him, he & I was a mechanic at heart. :D

Third is my new/old desk. {Yup I wrote new/old} A solid maple desk for $3 at a yard sale! {Score!} It's painted this unattractive dark greenish turquoise color. {again, bad description} So Mat & I are going to try something new with it. {He's been a lot of help with it so far, researching products and stuff} We bought some chalkboard paint for the top surface, and crackle medium for the legs. I am going to keep the bizarre turquoise green, paint over it with the medium, & then paint over that with some antique white acrylics. The {hopefully} there will be some nice antique crackling with just tiny cracks of the turquoise green peeking through, & a nice solid black top that I can doodle all my scrap projects on. :)

Number four is the antique fan we found in someone's trash. {yup, we were scavenging through people's trash..but it's not like you think} It looks like its out of an Indiana Jones movie or something. It's crazy old. I cleaned it all up, got all the oil, grease and dirt off the surfaces. Now you can see a cool light bluish/turquoise fan with a neat little emblem in the middle. The wiring is not salvageable, though Mat thinks we can just re-wire it. Since we know nothing of wiring things, I have my doubts about us EVER doing it. In the meantime we have a cool fan for a conversation piece:
{ (spoken in a snooty British accent) "Oh my, where did you ever get such a smashing fan?" (spoken in a southern hillbilly drawl) "Yeeup, we fished dat dum ther fan outta duh trash. Can yuh believe sum one just thru it out?"}
We are so classy.

Finally five is something I actually finished last night! {*woot*} We scored two old fashioned milk jug carriers, the ones the used to be used milk was delivered to your door. Mat took one and actually managed to find a bunch of cheap glass milk jugs for it. He hopes to use it has a garden piece or for vases for flowers. I took the other one and it just so happened to be the perfect width and height for peanut butter containers. I cleaned out four of them, wrapped them with some new pretty scrapping paper from the Early Bird line from Crate Paper. I still have to seal them with Modge Podge, but its packed away right now. Now it makes the perfect utensil holder for the dining table {once we get it sanded down & sealed of course...}

So it is to my shame that I have so many projects & not a picture of one of them to share. Tonight that will be my 'thing'...pictures.

So do you have any 'projects' going on or on going?

No comments:

Post a Comment