The following is a list of a few reckless and/or stupid things I want to do before I die...OR this might just be a list of reckless and/or stupid things I may die of.
(in no particular order)
#1 - Base Jumping.
I think I've dreamed about this since I was a kid...every time I was standing on the edge of some place crazy high I would just have this impulse to run at full speed off the edge - I never had a parachute so I never did it...but one day.
#2 - Sky Diving.
I actually had the chance to go for free, but I missed the deadline to sign up. I was pretty bummed out. But I did do the bungee jump thing at Canada's Wonderland.
#3 - Ride a Bull.
This is very ignorant of me to say but I just can't totally grasp how come its so hard to stay on a bull...I would like to be proven wrong. And on top of this, I'd like to do the "smack a bull" game, it just sounds hilarious.
#4 - Smash something with a sledgehammer.
The first problem with this is that I would have to gain enough strength in my arms to lift a sledgehammer...but beating a television set into a pulp would be such a cool thing to do.
#5 - Herd Cattle
So it's not so reckless, its just more stupid, like "Why would you want to round up cattle?" There's just something about the challenge of it that sounds exciting to me. I've sort of done it before (on foot, not riding a horse) and its very difficult.
#6 - Get another tattoo.
Again, not so reckless or stupid...just kinda one of those things. It's totally unnecessary but it'd be nice.
#7 - Hike to Base Camp at Everest
I'd never climb the thing. I hate the cold, but sitting at the base of something so incredibly huge and deadly would be a thrill.
#8 - White Water Rafting
So I might actually attempt to do this through the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon next summer with my husband. It costs quite a bit though and they make it sound so wicked deadly that it kinda has be freaked out. I know you're thinking {you want to jump off of the earth and your afraid of rafting?!} But I never promised that this was going to be a rational list of things I want to do.
#9 - Ride in a Smash Up Derby
Bumper cars always bothered me...whats the fun of banging into another car intentionally if you're not going to wreck it up? I guess this sort of stems from the same desire to smash tv's. I just can't help but think that smashing things would be fun.
#10 - Play Roman Candle War
I've wanted to again and again with friends, but they keep wussing out...I promised I wouldn't aim for the face!
#11 - Swim with humpback whales.
It would just be so cool!
(in no particular order)
#1 - Base Jumping.
I think I've dreamed about this since I was a kid...every time I was standing on the edge of some place crazy high I would just have this impulse to run at full speed off the edge - I never had a parachute so I never did it...but one day.
#2 - Sky Diving.
I actually had the chance to go for free, but I missed the deadline to sign up. I was pretty bummed out. But I did do the bungee jump thing at Canada's Wonderland.
#3 - Ride a Bull.
This is very ignorant of me to say but I just can't totally grasp how come its so hard to stay on a bull...I would like to be proven wrong. And on top of this, I'd like to do the "smack a bull" game, it just sounds hilarious.
#4 - Smash something with a sledgehammer.
The first problem with this is that I would have to gain enough strength in my arms to lift a sledgehammer...but beating a television set into a pulp would be such a cool thing to do.
#5 - Herd Cattle
So it's not so reckless, its just more stupid, like "Why would you want to round up cattle?" There's just something about the challenge of it that sounds exciting to me. I've sort of done it before (on foot, not riding a horse) and its very difficult.
#6 - Get another tattoo.
Again, not so reckless or stupid...just kinda one of those things. It's totally unnecessary but it'd be nice.
#7 - Hike to Base Camp at Everest
I'd never climb the thing. I hate the cold, but sitting at the base of something so incredibly huge and deadly would be a thrill.
#8 - White Water Rafting
So I might actually attempt to do this through the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon next summer with my husband. It costs quite a bit though and they make it sound so wicked deadly that it kinda has be freaked out. I know you're thinking {you want to jump off of the earth and your afraid of rafting?!} But I never promised that this was going to be a rational list of things I want to do.
#9 - Ride in a Smash Up Derby
Bumper cars always bothered me...whats the fun of banging into another car intentionally if you're not going to wreck it up? I guess this sort of stems from the same desire to smash tv's. I just can't help but think that smashing things would be fun.
#10 - Play Roman Candle War
I've wanted to again and again with friends, but they keep wussing out...I promised I wouldn't aim for the face!
#11 - Swim with humpback whales.
It would just be so cool!
#12 - Midnight Golf War.
If you don't know what this is - you and friends grab a club each and a bucket of balls, and you split up on a golf course in the middle of the night and swing the balls at each other trying to hit one another. Yup - stupid, but it sounds fun.
smashing something with a sledgehammer
ReplyDeleteride in a smash up derby
roman candle war
midnight golf war
these are awesome. i will definatly join you for sure on these ones!
well friend, now that your working with us YFC guys, you can accomplish some of those..
ReplyDelete#4 for example.. we do a car smash every year, and we smash a car with a sledgehammer...
#1 its not quite base jumping, BUT I take students cliff diving every year in marmora.. 80' cliff.. lots of fun