Jul 15, 2009

Wild and Reckless

Every once in a while I get this overwhelming desire to do something wild and reckless. This desire has led me to do lot of wild and reckless things. Some of which I am glad I did and others I will never repeat or admit to in public {sorry if you were expecting to hear the juicy details}

That same impulse is gnawing away at me right now. I don't know where it comes from or even what makes it go away {except doing something bizarre like shaving my head, or bungee jumping which I have done}

I think I feel this way because right now there is so much going on but so actual little living happening.

It seems like day after day is work. We get up and go to work, and then Mat works most evenings. Then the weekends are full of either work-related things or other scheduled events that we are required to be at, whether we really want to or not.

In all honesty I wish I could just get in my little Elantra with my husband and start driving. I don't care where. Just away. Anywhere where no one knows.

Maybe it's just that simple. I need a vacation. We haven't really had a vacation since our honeymoon. I mean, we did have our little short trip to Sauble Beach in February {and believe me I reveled in every moment of that place} But it wasn't a REAL vacation, it just was three days rest - a long weekend.

What sucks most of all is that even though this overwhelming desire to just disappear from the 'world' is surging through me, responsibility chains me down like a prisoner. And there isn't even a glimmer of hope..the summer is almost over and every. single. weekend. {did you catch that?} EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND. is booked with something.

And of course, my adorable husband would say something like, "We are blessed to have the jobs we do, we could be living in the 3rd world....etc. etc. etc." Yes, I agree with him, we have it good but that doesn't diminish my desire to take a break from everything. As good as it all is, I'll begin to hate it.

We were supposed to be just getting back from a month long journey right now in the southwest. My job put that trip on hiatus until next summer, and I can't help but think it was the stupidest thing we've done, because now here I am reckless and discontent eager to do something stupid and wild because I feel trapped in this day after day monotony without a means of escape.

Listen to track #1 (NFA) on the above audio. It by my good friend Troy. He knows what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment