There is nothing more refreshing than going home after a long day. Home. It's where rest & creativity happen for me. It's where most of my cherished memories reside. There are so many things to love about home.
So let me take you on another tour of our home...
So let me take you on another tour of our home...
Ever good tour must begin IMMEDIATELY after you step out of you car after work. With maybe just enough time to throw off your uncomfortable dress shoes {but without enough time to tear off those terrible nylons} & slip on the ol trusty Birks. Fashion faux pas at home are acceptable.
Exhibit A: Home. The front of our house...its quite boring & no, we don't have curtains yet. We're planning on planting a whole bunch of flowers along the windows. It'll look great next summer - this year, well, lets just say there are still a lot of boxes that haven't been unpacked yet. {Oh, & we'll probably have curtains by next summer too...if we can ever find some we like}
One of my favorite things to see at home is laundry on the line. Now I do have a bit of a distaste for laundry. {Only once in a while though, I mean really, how can you hate it when the machine does all the work?} But when its all hanging absorbing the warmth from the sun, its just so refreshing, simple & serene to me. {Laundry loves}
So the front of our place may be uneventful but the backyard is overrun with gardening. We have an overabundance of tomatoes growing. {& I don't even like tomatoes that much!}
We have fresh basil. {now, basil I love}
Plus cucumbers. One plant of which is sprawling itself all over our side entrance.
I love it when they are all tiny like this. I must confess though, the first time we grew cucumbers and I saw one just a little larger than this one I said to Mat "It looks like a Gherkin pickle!" to which Mat responded "That's what that use to make Gherkin pickles". I was 21 & had no idea pickles were really just cucumbers. Yeah, I know. Lame.
I love it when they are all tiny like this. I must confess though, the first time we grew cucumbers and I saw one just a little larger than this one I said to Mat "It looks like a Gherkin pickle!" to which Mat responded "That's what that use to make Gherkin pickles". I was 21 & had no idea pickles were really just cucumbers. Yeah, I know. Lame.
There are also lilies, strawberries, blackberries, wild flowers, tall grass, a mint plant & this thing which I rescued from the back hall of our church. It's basically just three sticks with a bunch of leaves on the end of each stick. It's weak & pathetic looking, but I will nurse it back to its full planty potential!
So now that we've toured around the yard, lets take a walk down the lane...
So now that we've toured around the yard, lets take a walk down the lane...
Our lovely landlord's "moving toolbox". There are 6 houses on our lane way - the first of which he is converting into an office/massage therapy clinic.
Here he is...with all his mess of wiring. Dave is such a great guy. If you are in the Quinte area, book yourself a massage with him today, you won't regret it.
In between putting in drywall & insulation, Dave draws.
This one reminds me of a beagle dog. The droopy eyes, the saggy jowls.
Obviously Dave is anxious for things to be finished. {laugh}
Let leave Dave to finish his work, & I'll take you back to our home. Just a short stroll down the lane way.
Inside there are a few things we almost always have: #1. Fresh flowers or plants of some kind.
#2. Candy. {Its just essential, right next to bread & milk}
#3. Random pieces of old junk we've come to love.
#4. Cactus'...always lots of cactus'.
Well, except maybe this smiling lovely face making me dinner. :)
Thanks for visiting.
We're actually leaving home this weekend for Toronto - we have another wedding to do photos for. I hesitated with Ryan and Rachel's wedding pics. I thought I would put them up with Matt & Alyssa's. I hope the suspense isn't killing anyone.
Have a great weekend - whether you're at home or elsewhere.
Thanks for visiting.
We're actually leaving home this weekend for Toronto - we have another wedding to do photos for. I hesitated with Ryan and Rachel's wedding pics. I thought I would put them up with Matt & Alyssa's. I hope the suspense isn't killing anyone.
Have a great weekend - whether you're at home or elsewhere.
Such a cozy little nook!
ReplyDeleteI think your lovely flowers are gladiolas.
Michelle