Aug 26, 2009

Long Point {Lotsa Pix}

Last weekend we drove out to Long Point with Adam, Andrea & Cameron. Rea had never really explored "The 'County" before, which is on the other side of the Bay of Quinte & well, that just wasn't acceptable.


Cameron was awesome for the whole ride! He & Mat pretended to have super powers most of the way & made numerous empty threats to each other...okay maybe it was just Cameron making the threats.


Adam {who continually made reference to my hitting a yellow pole just recently} drove the whole time. I was getting a little sick of hearing about my stupid accident {grr!} But then Adam got animal poop all over his shorts. I felt vindicated. He deserved it. {laugh}


Going to "The County" just isn't a TRUE trip to The County unless you stop at a fresh fruit/veggie stand. I didn't know there were such a thing as purple peppers.


I've recently fell in love with fresh herbs & spices. We have two basil plants at home, & a chocolate mint plant that is exploding all over the place {yes, CHOCOLATE mint}
I love having fresh stuff.


I don't know what it is about these flowers, but I love them. They are so beautiful. I think they are my second fav after lilies. Mat bought me a nice bright white one.


Hot peppers. I was afraid to even touch them. But I did have to fight the strongest desire in me to just grab one & toss it in my mouth. I mean, they don't really look that threatening...one day I'll do it...just to get it over with.


Group Shot!


We stopped by a cheese factory & nibbled {okay gorged} on their free samples {drools....mmmm salsa cheese....mmmmm} Then checked out this cool little side of the highway shoppe.


All their gardens were covered with little secret & hidden things, it was like a little fairy tale in ever corner over run by weeds.


We finally made it to {found} Long Point. It was like Florida {which Mat & I almost ended up going to this weekend, but that's another story}


We had a nice picnic on the beach, as did this snake. He came right up out of the water with a fish in his mouth & swallowed it right in front of us. So gross. The best part was that Adam doesn't like snakes all that much. {Serves him right for making all "at least I didn't hit a yellow pole" jokes}


Beach lovins'


Rea & I decided that a trip the The County also wouldn't be complete without stopping at one of the numerous winery's in the area.

I forget the name of this one. But man, we were EVER out of place. We stood out like to sore thumbs. It was nothing more than a bunch of 'wannabe rich snobs' pretending to know an abundance about wine. We just laughed at ourselves {& at them, just a little bit} clinked our sample glasses & threw them back. It was terrible wine, it tasted like turpentine.



But at least they had sunflowers. {This pic is for you Rea}

We stopped at one more fruit/veggie stand {owned & operated by Rea's parents - if your in the Quinte area its just west of the Walmart in Trenton, best corn you will ever eat!} bought fresh corn, plums & a GOOD bottle of wine & enjoyed the evening together at our place. A simple drive, a simple day.
I love this simple life.

No comments:

Post a Comment