This is yesterday's picture of the day - Nov 10 2009
It was my drive home & the shot is SOC.
{Yeah, I take photos while driving, maybe not the smartest thing I've done}
{Yeah, I take photos while driving, maybe not the smartest thing I've done}
Looking at it now, it reminds me of the northern lights I used to always see when I lived in Northern Alberta. In Ontario the northern lights are a rare sight, I miss seeing them so much. There was something almost magic/unearthly about them.
This is what they looked like.
Green snakes that would dance across the sky.
To Chris & Beth, my best friends who are going to be moving up to Northern Alberta soon, I hope when you do see the northern lights, you cherish seeing them each & every time, even if it means standing out in the frigid cold for a while.
Also, it's an "old wives tale" that if you whistle, the lights with come closer. I don't believe that whistling has anything to do with it, but every time I have done it they have moved closer. So just for the fun of it, whistle.
This is what they looked like.
Green snakes that would dance across the sky.To Chris & Beth, my best friends who are going to be moving up to Northern Alberta soon, I hope when you do see the northern lights, you cherish seeing them each & every time, even if it means standing out in the frigid cold for a while.
Also, it's an "old wives tale" that if you whistle, the lights with come closer. I don't believe that whistling has anything to do with it, but every time I have done it they have moved closer. So just for the fun of it, whistle.
No comments:
Post a Comment