Nov 12 2009
Here is today's photo:
{& yes there was something inside the trap when I took this photo}
This little live mouse trap taught me a thing or two today. While the little critter has been waging war in our kitchen cupboards with anything chewable for the past few days, we've patiently waited for him to be lured into our peanut butter baited live traps so that we could re-locate him somewhere a bit safer for him {& for our kitchen}
Today was that day.
The poor little thing was scrambling furiously to escape the live trap, I had to wait until I could take him down to the Quinte conservation area where he would be able to build a little nest for himself in an area safe from cars & lawn mowers.
He couldn't see me, but once in a while I would say something quietly {so not to scare the little guy} letting him know that it wouldn't be much longer before he could go free. I carried the live trap as still as possible & put it near me, & a source of warmth {our furnace is broken & it was pretty chilly inside}
It reminded me sometimes of how I find it hard to see God & what He is doing. I know He is out there - though God doesn't speak to me {like I did to the little critter} but once in a while there is something powerful that will remind me - a passage of Scripture, or an unexpected blessing {like how I made sure the little critter wasn't freezing}
However, a lot of the time I feel I am in the dark {in the trap} I can't see what is going on outside, but I know Someone else is controlling things & I am furiously trying to escape so that I can see what is going on & be in control...all the while God is immeasurable wise & is doing things in the best possible way & at the best possible time for my benefit.
When I finally did get out to the Conservation area, I had my camera in hand ready to take a photo of an adorable little mouse charging out of the trap.
This little live mouse trap taught me a thing or two today. While the little critter has been waging war in our kitchen cupboards with anything chewable for the past few days, we've patiently waited for him to be lured into our peanut butter baited live traps so that we could re-locate him somewhere a bit safer for him {& for our kitchen}
Today was that day.
The poor little thing was scrambling furiously to escape the live trap, I had to wait until I could take him down to the Quinte conservation area where he would be able to build a little nest for himself in an area safe from cars & lawn mowers.
He couldn't see me, but once in a while I would say something quietly {so not to scare the little guy} letting him know that it wouldn't be much longer before he could go free. I carried the live trap as still as possible & put it near me, & a source of warmth {our furnace is broken & it was pretty chilly inside}
It reminded me sometimes of how I find it hard to see God & what He is doing. I know He is out there - though God doesn't speak to me {like I did to the little critter} but once in a while there is something powerful that will remind me - a passage of Scripture, or an unexpected blessing {like how I made sure the little critter wasn't freezing}
However, a lot of the time I feel I am in the dark {in the trap} I can't see what is going on outside, but I know Someone else is controlling things & I am furiously trying to escape so that I can see what is going on & be in control...all the while God is immeasurable wise & is doing things in the best possible way & at the best possible time for my benefit.
When I finally did get out to the Conservation area, I had my camera in hand ready to take a photo of an adorable little mouse charging out of the trap.
Instead he was a very timid mole, covered in peanut butter {laugh} He wasn't the adorable mouse I was anticipating - but lesson learned nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment