We had a great weekend with Joe & Leslie. We really missed them when they left Monday, the house was so quiet & dull. Come back soon you two!
We didn't do too much, just lazed around, went to a dairy farm & saw baby cows (thank Jonah)!!! We made cards, the guys played Civ. we ate a lot, watched a few movies & Les & I had a great time doing "Light Writing" Sunday night. So cool!
The last one is my favorite.
We also ate waffles Monday morning (thanks Carson's for letting us use your waffle maker!) I'm pretty much going to be eating waffles at least twice a week until we have to return it. I found a WICKED vanilla bean waffle batter recipe here.
I also made Vanilla Bean Lattes. I lost the recipe that I originally printed so I ventured to make it myself. They were totally amazing! I made them again this morning before I went to work.
Here's how I made em:
Vanilla Bean Lattes
3 cups So Good Vanilla Soy Milk
2 cups super strong coffee
1 TBSP real vanilla extract
1/2 vanilla bean seeds
1 TBSP sugar
Pour the milk into a medium/large pot and warm on med/low heat.
Stir in the sugar, vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds.
(ps. Pause to smell the vanilla bean seeds before you add them in the pot...I love that smell)
Make the coffee in your coffee maker & then add to the Milk Mix.
Warm, Serve & Enjoy.
When Les sends me the pic, I'll have to show you Joe's reaction to it. He liked it. Alot.
Hope you all had a great long weekend.
love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment