Today I am in Week 7 - (Late August)
I'm finding in pregnancy that there is a lot of waiting:
You have to wait until morning sickness passes to be able to carry on any tasks
You have to wait for the room to stop spinning in order to finish getting ready in the morning
You have to wait, and wait and wait for your slow digestion to get dinner down until you don't feel like a beached whale
You have to wait in the middle of the night through cramps to find out whether its just gas or a sign of a serious complication
You have to wait as each day crawls by to get to week 13 when you feel a sense of security about being pregnant and not having an early miscarriage.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
I am trying to learn in the mean time, understanding what pregnancy and labor is all about (even miscarriage and pregnancy complications)
I am filling my mind with the joy of experiencing pregnancy even in these early stages. I celebrate the fact that I desired so badly to be pregnant before turning 26 and God blessed us with that dream made reality as today is my birthday.
(I bought myself a little birthday gift...24 cloth diapers for $30)
However, waiting is still difficult.
I`d like to just get to the other side of all this and know that everything is okay.
Not having any guarantees in this could be very aggravating and even depressing, especially for someone like me as I tend to try and control and manage situations in life as best I can.
But I am finding to be neither aggravated or depressed (a little impatient yes) but I am really learning that this isn't our doing. God was the one who did the work here, and is continuing to do it. All we can do is work along side Him and agree that what He is doing is best.
If He decides that today my body will work over drive to help grow this little one, then all I can do is rest and respect that He wonderfully designed my body to know when it needs to take it easy.
If He decides that today our baby will begin to grow his or her arms and legs, there is nothing I can do to change that I just have to sit back and accept that that is what might be happening inside me.
And if He decides that his child was never meant to live anywhere but inside my womb for a short while, my only response can be to respect His decisions and accept that He would be doing all things for the best.
We have no control over this.
I can only control how I will respond.
And so, as I wait, this is my position. Respect and Acceptance.
and waiting...a little impatiently...but waiting still.
I'm finding in pregnancy that there is a lot of waiting:
You have to wait until morning sickness passes to be able to carry on any tasks
You have to wait for the room to stop spinning in order to finish getting ready in the morning
You have to wait, and wait and wait for your slow digestion to get dinner down until you don't feel like a beached whale
You have to wait in the middle of the night through cramps to find out whether its just gas or a sign of a serious complication
You have to wait as each day crawls by to get to week 13 when you feel a sense of security about being pregnant and not having an early miscarriage.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
I am trying to learn in the mean time, understanding what pregnancy and labor is all about (even miscarriage and pregnancy complications)
I am filling my mind with the joy of experiencing pregnancy even in these early stages. I celebrate the fact that I desired so badly to be pregnant before turning 26 and God blessed us with that dream made reality as today is my birthday.
(I bought myself a little birthday gift...24 cloth diapers for $30)
However, waiting is still difficult.
I`d like to just get to the other side of all this and know that everything is okay.
Not having any guarantees in this could be very aggravating and even depressing, especially for someone like me as I tend to try and control and manage situations in life as best I can.
But I am finding to be neither aggravated or depressed (a little impatient yes) but I am really learning that this isn't our doing. God was the one who did the work here, and is continuing to do it. All we can do is work along side Him and agree that what He is doing is best.
If He decides that today my body will work over drive to help grow this little one, then all I can do is rest and respect that He wonderfully designed my body to know when it needs to take it easy.
If He decides that today our baby will begin to grow his or her arms and legs, there is nothing I can do to change that I just have to sit back and accept that that is what might be happening inside me.
And if He decides that his child was never meant to live anywhere but inside my womb for a short while, my only response can be to respect His decisions and accept that He would be doing all things for the best.
We have no control over this.
I can only control how I will respond.
And so, as I wait, this is my position. Respect and Acceptance.
and waiting...a little impatiently...but waiting still.
No comments:
Post a Comment