Oct 15 - 14 Weeks
Last night I had the most terrible dream I have ever had. In the dream I miscarried the baby & had to deliver 'him' (yes the baby was a 'him' in my dream) & got to hold is minuscule little body. It was terrible. I guess the emotion or terror of the dream shook me to some 'middle-consciousness' because I spent the rest of the night with my hands on my tummy concentrating my hardest (yes, in my middle-conscious state) to feel if the baby was moving.
(As of yet I have NOT felt the baby move, though my bladder has definitely suffered the effects of the Squeaker jumping around in there)
The only problem with my plan was that the baby is probably laying WAAAAAAYYYY far back in there - especially if I have a tilted pelvis as suspected - & I sleep next to a man who is apparently not comfortable in any one position for more than 15 seconds.
And somewhere in all that I fell asleep & woke up still pregnant (so far as I know)
* * *
On another note, I had intended this post to be about my 2 visits to the midwifery & my midwife, Stacy. But as a standard procedure, you must call the clinic an hour before your appointment. When I called and got the receptionist, Lori, I could hear Stacey in the background hollering things - apparently she was rushing out the door for a birth & wouldn't be able to keep our appointment. What a cool reason!!! :D
So instead, I went for a walk (it was so warm & sunny) & thought about the blessed family who right then & there was welcoming a new life into the world.
My re-scheduled appointment is for next Thursday. So after that I hope to have a post about the awesomeness of midwifery care in pregnancy.
For now, I am getting offline, & going home to listen to Christmas carols.
Last night I had the most terrible dream I have ever had. In the dream I miscarried the baby & had to deliver 'him' (yes the baby was a 'him' in my dream) & got to hold is minuscule little body. It was terrible. I guess the emotion or terror of the dream shook me to some 'middle-consciousness' because I spent the rest of the night with my hands on my tummy concentrating my hardest (yes, in my middle-conscious state) to feel if the baby was moving.
(As of yet I have NOT felt the baby move, though my bladder has definitely suffered the effects of the Squeaker jumping around in there)
The only problem with my plan was that the baby is probably laying WAAAAAAYYYY far back in there - especially if I have a tilted pelvis as suspected - & I sleep next to a man who is apparently not comfortable in any one position for more than 15 seconds.
And somewhere in all that I fell asleep & woke up still pregnant (so far as I know)
* * *
On another note, I had intended this post to be about my 2 visits to the midwifery & my midwife, Stacy. But as a standard procedure, you must call the clinic an hour before your appointment. When I called and got the receptionist, Lori, I could hear Stacey in the background hollering things - apparently she was rushing out the door for a birth & wouldn't be able to keep our appointment. What a cool reason!!! :D
So instead, I went for a walk (it was so warm & sunny) & thought about the blessed family who right then & there was welcoming a new life into the world.
My re-scheduled appointment is for next Thursday. So after that I hope to have a post about the awesomeness of midwifery care in pregnancy.
For now, I am getting offline, & going home to listen to Christmas carols.
No comments:
Post a Comment