22 weeks
There are a lot of things I ought to be doing right now. We have a very busy weekend ahead of us & it is the first of the next 5 busy weekends. But I m opting to sit here & write out this post not because I am a diligent blogger {you should know better than to think that} but because my baby is moving around right now & I want to just sit & enjoy the feeling without disturbing them by jumping up & running around.
But something new did just happen that hasn't happened before.
We've been feeling kicks since 16 weeks & watching my belly move since 18. But one of the things I really loved when friends were pregnant was being able to touch their bellies & feel the firm roundness of somebodys little limb or their little bum, or their head.
Well, that hadn't really happened yet for me as Squeaker would kick & the limb {or whatever} would quickly disappear into the recesses of my womb, leaving me wondering {sometimes} if I just imagined the whole thing.
But just a few moments ago Squeaker did a big turn {one of those turns that makes you feel like you just drive over the top of a steep hill way to fast} & I put my hand to my belly where they'd moved & it was firm & round! I pushed slightly & the firm little limb/bum/head moved & disappeared back into the deep.
Now most of you reading this are probably rolling your eyes at me because you've all been pregnant before, but my mind is just blown.
I've now framed on of our many ultrasound photos & have it next to my side of the bed so I can wake up & think of the Little Blessing inside me. {Though thats not usually a difficult thing to do because Squeaker usually kicks me awake} It's the ultrasound photo of Squeakers foot. It's so perfectly clear you can see all five toes. {Yes! We have a baby with at least one foot containing five toes!! This we know for sure} And every morning/night I am just awestruck that the little foot in that image is in me...kicking me as I type.
As a side note, I'd like to challenge any of your reading this to tell me where the nickname 'Squeaker' is from. I automatically comes whenever I refer to him/her, & therefore I guess its staying, but I'm interested if any of you know the reference. {I do, of course}
There are a lot of things I ought to be doing right now. We have a very busy weekend ahead of us & it is the first of the next 5 busy weekends. But I m opting to sit here & write out this post not because I am a diligent blogger {you should know better than to think that} but because my baby is moving around right now & I want to just sit & enjoy the feeling without disturbing them by jumping up & running around.
But something new did just happen that hasn't happened before.
We've been feeling kicks since 16 weeks & watching my belly move since 18. But one of the things I really loved when friends were pregnant was being able to touch their bellies & feel the firm roundness of somebodys little limb or their little bum, or their head.
Well, that hadn't really happened yet for me as Squeaker would kick & the limb {or whatever} would quickly disappear into the recesses of my womb, leaving me wondering {sometimes} if I just imagined the whole thing.
But just a few moments ago Squeaker did a big turn {one of those turns that makes you feel like you just drive over the top of a steep hill way to fast} & I put my hand to my belly where they'd moved & it was firm & round! I pushed slightly & the firm little limb/bum/head moved & disappeared back into the deep.
Now most of you reading this are probably rolling your eyes at me because you've all been pregnant before, but my mind is just blown.
I've now framed on of our many ultrasound photos & have it next to my side of the bed so I can wake up & think of the Little Blessing inside me. {Though thats not usually a difficult thing to do because Squeaker usually kicks me awake} It's the ultrasound photo of Squeakers foot. It's so perfectly clear you can see all five toes. {Yes! We have a baby with at least one foot containing five toes!! This we know for sure} And every morning/night I am just awestruck that the little foot in that image is in me...kicking me as I type.
As a side note, I'd like to challenge any of your reading this to tell me where the nickname 'Squeaker' is from. I automatically comes whenever I refer to him/her, & therefore I guess its staying, but I'm interested if any of you know the reference. {I do, of course}
No comments:
Post a Comment