32 Weeks
I'm definitely starting to slow down now & I can notice 'changes' almost every other day. Feeling a little larger, a little rounder, a little wider, but never weirder.
Squeaker is running out of room, which is evidenced by a slight decrease in his/her calisthenics routine, though now when he/she does get the desire to move it, it ALL moves. Last night Mat and I watched in wonder/mild disgust as my belly was contorted in all sorts of ways.
Over this past weekend we were visiting with the lovely Leslie and Joe Purias. Les is due to pop any day now - she even had contractions while we were visiting! They took us to this AWESOME childrens store, Hiesta Global in Aurora. We bought a whole wooden set of animals (no paints or harmful chemicals) for only $8!! I also (finally) found the Padraig slippers I'd been wanting to get for Squeaker for a little less than what the website was selling them for. Now I just have to figure out where I can get a pair for myself!
It turns out over the weekend we also ended up with a couple of Alice Cooper tickets! With thanks to my mother-in-law. However, I didn't realize it at the time, but Squeaker will be 9at the most) only a month old when we go to the show. Now our decision to take the tickets was in haste but now I'm not so sure it was the right decision. Leslie thought it was 'brave' of us to be willing to leave our baby so early.
That's when it hit me, I am really really really attached to this baby already and I am having a really hard time picturing myself walking away from him/her for an evening...especially at one month! Now, I have NO fears about leaving the baby with my mother-in-law (or my mom) but just the thought in general of being separated from our little one is gut-wrenching for me. Squeaker has 'been with me' from the start. I never really realized that one day we would have to separate.
I'm going to savor every last moment of these 8 weeks because its the last ones we'll have 'together' forever.
I'm definitely starting to slow down now & I can notice 'changes' almost every other day. Feeling a little larger, a little rounder, a little wider, but never weirder.
Squeaker is running out of room, which is evidenced by a slight decrease in his/her calisthenics routine, though now when he/she does get the desire to move it, it ALL moves. Last night Mat and I watched in wonder/mild disgust as my belly was contorted in all sorts of ways.
Over this past weekend we were visiting with the lovely Leslie and Joe Purias. Les is due to pop any day now - she even had contractions while we were visiting! They took us to this AWESOME childrens store, Hiesta Global in Aurora. We bought a whole wooden set of animals (no paints or harmful chemicals) for only $8!! I also (finally) found the Padraig slippers I'd been wanting to get for Squeaker for a little less than what the website was selling them for. Now I just have to figure out where I can get a pair for myself!
It turns out over the weekend we also ended up with a couple of Alice Cooper tickets! With thanks to my mother-in-law. However, I didn't realize it at the time, but Squeaker will be 9at the most) only a month old when we go to the show. Now our decision to take the tickets was in haste but now I'm not so sure it was the right decision. Leslie thought it was 'brave' of us to be willing to leave our baby so early.
That's when it hit me, I am really really really attached to this baby already and I am having a really hard time picturing myself walking away from him/her for an evening...especially at one month! Now, I have NO fears about leaving the baby with my mother-in-law (or my mom) but just the thought in general of being separated from our little one is gut-wrenching for me. Squeaker has 'been with me' from the start. I never really realized that one day we would have to separate.
I'm going to savor every last moment of these 8 weeks because its the last ones we'll have 'together' forever.
Yeah, the attachment thing is pretty amazing... it's bigger than yourself, even... if that makes any sense.
ReplyDeleteJust a word of warning, if you haven't already figured this out - it is not recommended that you give a baby a bottle before 6 wks old in order to prevent nipple confusion and breastfeeding problems... and newborns often need to nurse every hour or two at the beginning. even every 30-45 minutes sometimes... it's called cluster feeding, often happens in the evenings. so that might preclude you from going to the show, if you're committed to bf'ing, which I'm pretty sure you are :)