31 Weeks
So for those of you - my lovely readers - who have been pregnant or are currently pregnant, I would like to know if you have run into the dilemma that my husband and I are facing right now.
Dinner is a nightmare.
I dread it everyday.
I mean, really, I am 100% brain dead when it comes to what to make for dinner lately.
Breakfast is whatever we can grab on the go - or if there is time I'll make french toast.
Lunch is usually Kraft Dinner for Mat (yuck) and I'll usually have yogurt and an apple.
Dinner - blank.
I mean, I went so far as to call my mom Sunday and invite ourselves over for dinner.
She said no.
Okay, well not 'no' (my mom's not mean) but they had already eaten & zero leftovers.
I've been lacking solid sleep lately and I've wondered if that has something to do with it - though the past three days have been better...I haven't even woken up to go pee!! (Which is awesome when your house is cold and in the middle of the night it feels like your rear end might freeze to the toilet seat - a genuine concern)
Away, I'm wondering if anyone can lend some help, support, or even simple (very simple) recipes. We don't eat meat - our 'staples' are veggies, beans, lentils, rice, whole wheat breads and potatoes. Currently I can't eat tomatoes in large quantities due to heartburn. But if I eat one more meal of just rice and veggies I may quit this job.
* * *
In other news, I'm hoping to get a haircut today (it has been over a year)
And if I have time I want to take pictures of some of the gifties Squeakers been given & give you guys a glimpse into he/her nursery!
Oh and ps - Mat starts 'back at work' today (just for a few days) with the photography company he worked with over the Fall. We're really excited that the boss has called him back for some odd jobs and was asking Mat if he had some 'spare time' over the next few weeks. It's funny how God works those things out because last week, Mat probably would have had to say 'no' due to his thesis - but since now he has asked for an extension until November, he can actually go out and work a little! Which is awesome with our ever diminishing income.
Speaking of work....
So for those of you - my lovely readers - who have been pregnant or are currently pregnant, I would like to know if you have run into the dilemma that my husband and I are facing right now.
Dinner is a nightmare.
I dread it everyday.
I mean, really, I am 100% brain dead when it comes to what to make for dinner lately.
Breakfast is whatever we can grab on the go - or if there is time I'll make french toast.
Lunch is usually Kraft Dinner for Mat (yuck) and I'll usually have yogurt and an apple.
Dinner - blank.
I mean, I went so far as to call my mom Sunday and invite ourselves over for dinner.
She said no.
Okay, well not 'no' (my mom's not mean) but they had already eaten & zero leftovers.
I've been lacking solid sleep lately and I've wondered if that has something to do with it - though the past three days have been better...I haven't even woken up to go pee!! (Which is awesome when your house is cold and in the middle of the night it feels like your rear end might freeze to the toilet seat - a genuine concern)
Away, I'm wondering if anyone can lend some help, support, or even simple (very simple) recipes. We don't eat meat - our 'staples' are veggies, beans, lentils, rice, whole wheat breads and potatoes. Currently I can't eat tomatoes in large quantities due to heartburn. But if I eat one more meal of just rice and veggies I may quit this job.
* * *
In other news, I'm hoping to get a haircut today (it has been over a year)
And if I have time I want to take pictures of some of the gifties Squeakers been given & give you guys a glimpse into he/her nursery!
Oh and ps - Mat starts 'back at work' today (just for a few days) with the photography company he worked with over the Fall. We're really excited that the boss has called him back for some odd jobs and was asking Mat if he had some 'spare time' over the next few weeks. It's funny how God works those things out because last week, Mat probably would have had to say 'no' due to his thesis - but since now he has asked for an extension until November, he can actually go out and work a little! Which is awesome with our ever diminishing income.
Speaking of work....
wow, I don't know how you survive on a yogurt and apple at lunch... I eat little meals (and lots of yogurt) all day!
ReplyDeleteSome dinner ideas:
-Tacos (use beans instead of beef, and add the seasoning while heating)
-Cheese tortellini with some kind of pasta sauce, a fav here is alfredo with sliced mushrooms and lightly steamed broccoli
-omlettes
- Lentil soup (I did the red lentil soup from 101cookbooks.com - delicious! Also a good website/blog as a resource, and her pictures inspire and are beautiful! Pete doesn't eat lentils but I liked it!)
- Vegetarian Quiche (easy if you buy the shells from tenderflake, and reheats easy)
Good luck!!!!
My suggestion would be soups... they're easy and can be done in a crockpot, and are easily vegetarian.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see those photos!