Mar 21, 2011

Squeakers Room

37 weeks

So as promised here are some photos of Squeakers Room, what was formerly known as Mat's office/storage room


The general view when you walk in the door.



The changing station. The cabinet was my mom's sewing cabinet. She didn't want it anymore, yay for freebies!


The crib, though not exactly what we would have chosen for ourselves was another freebie from Mat's Aunt Jan & Uncle Bob


The sitting corner...my old old antique chair that I love. The painting is an original from Mrs. Leslie Puiras. I am so happy to have her artwork in our home. Oh, and that little swing thing we scored for $70 (retails $150)


Decorative shelves. The "BABY" pillars are actually candles that were used as decor for my baby shower (thanks Kelly!) Oh, and that strange square piece of cardboard that is blank is actually two little hand crafted pieces with the letter of the baby's name (ie: "E" is for Evelyn) but I had to make two because we don't know what we are having!


The "Full of Life" thing came out of a bag from Thyme Maternity. I just loved it so much I couldn't throw it away.


More room.


Toys!


More toys! The teddy is from Mat's Grandma and the puzzle is from Leslie's mom, Pam.


One of my most favorite buys!


Note with the girls shoes in the middle...they were only 75 cents. I couldn't pass them up even if we end up with a boy I'll be passing them on to someone. And I totally LOVE the Padraig slippers...if only Beth hadn't adorned her lil Ally with them I wouldn't have splurged on such a crazy item....but man, how I wish I could afford the adult size.


I LOVE, repeat, LOVE, Boon ducks. All we need are "Squish" and "Slim". But "Bob" there (Mr. Orange & White) is my favorite. I feel the way he looks.


Handcrafted wooden barn animals.


Our Christmas ornament from Beth & Chris...we just couldn't pack it away.


More room. Above the lil deacons bench there (which my dad made for me when I was little) there will be a wall of framed photos of all our friends and their families....right now its still a work in progress.


The inside of the closet. Squeaker DOES have a lot more clothes than that (his/her wardrobe is larger than mine, which is saying a lot when your 37 weeks pregnant!) but we only hung up that which we'll need for the first few months.


One of my more favorite outfits - I bought it as a gift for Mat/Squeaker


Outside the nursery not much has changed in our home, except for the bassinet in our bedroom, and this lil spot in our living room. A nice 'bouncing' chair for nursing and sleeping...with a basket of receiving blankets close by. My exercise ball for SERIOUS bouncing (which will also probably be used for coping during labour) and in the background there you'll see our newest edition, the bouncy exerciser, borrowed from our dear friends, Jessica and Tim. My mom said I LOVED to bounce when I was little so I am prepping that this one will be a bouncer too.

So that's that!

3 comments:

  1. And just so you know - women's sizes!
    http://www.padraigcottage.com/c-34-womens.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! You always make your home so cozy & beautiful!
    I love those wooden animals. If you happen to end up there again & they are on sale again let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kat - Sadly the store was in Aurora and just went out of business. Very disappointing. However, they do have a website: http://www.hestiaglobal.com/default.asp

    ReplyDelete