So right now we're in a bit of a dilemma with Ransom's sleep habits.
As it stands his sleep routine it pretty regular - which is great for predictability. However, our dear precious son, WILL NOT sleep or nap on his own.
He MUST be held. Put him down (even while in deep sleep) and he will wake up screaming, and will not stop until he is picked up again. This is a getting to be more and more troublesome with each passing day. I am literally attached to him 24/7, unless someone else can hold him.

But this isn't all, the real dilemma is this - we've found it to be true that the better he naps, the better he sleeps at night...so, if we let him 'cry it out' for nap time (not by leaving him, but by putting him down and just holding him gently in his bassinet) it feels like we're shooting ourselves in the foot for bedtime (we co-sleep, which isn't a bother right now because of breastfeeding) and its bedtime when our patience would be at an all-time low.
So what do we do?
We need help.
I wish someone could just come over for a day and train him to sleep in the bassinet for us. I feel like it would be / has been so much easier for everyone else I know.
Help! Suggestions! Encouragement! Wine!
As it stands his sleep routine it pretty regular - which is great for predictability. However, our dear precious son, WILL NOT sleep or nap on his own.
He MUST be held. Put him down (even while in deep sleep) and he will wake up screaming, and will not stop until he is picked up again. This is a getting to be more and more troublesome with each passing day. I am literally attached to him 24/7, unless someone else can hold him.
But this isn't all, the real dilemma is this - we've found it to be true that the better he naps, the better he sleeps at night...so, if we let him 'cry it out' for nap time (not by leaving him, but by putting him down and just holding him gently in his bassinet) it feels like we're shooting ourselves in the foot for bedtime (we co-sleep, which isn't a bother right now because of breastfeeding) and its bedtime when our patience would be at an all-time low.
So what do we do?
We need help.
I wish someone could just come over for a day and train him to sleep in the bassinet for us. I feel like it would be / has been so much easier for everyone else I know.
Help! Suggestions! Encouragement! Wine!
did you read the no-cry sleep solution yet? all the advice i could give is stated much more eloquently in that book. check the library if don't want to buy it.
ReplyDeleteHe WILL eventually learn to sleep on his own. He's not gonna go off to college needing to be held by his momma in order to sleep! LoL. This is a season, it is a short one (although it won't feel like it until you look back on it!), and nobody is expecting you to be a well rested ray of sunshine :) So go ahead and try whatever might help, but know that this too shall pass. I love you, you're doing great, and hang in there!
ReplyDelete