May 10, 2009

grad.

First it started to rain a little, no big deal. Then it started to rain pretty hard, okay we'll slow it down to 90kms. Okay, now its pouring ridiculously hard, we're doing 70kms. Now its hailing, 50kms, NOW IT'S REALLY HAILING!! We're pulled over on the side of the highway, and all traffic stops east and westbound.We were so scared of the hail, we thought it was going to smash the windshield. It all lasted about 60 seconds, enough to get the ol' heart pumping.


Thankfully the rest of the drive was much more pleasant, though there were storms on every side of us as we headed to Toronto. It has been a very intense weekend!

But it was grad!!!!

First we celebrated with a gourmet breakfast courtesy of Beth and Chris Ricci. I could not wait for these to come out of the oven.


SOOOOOOOOO good.

And of course, I HAD to drink out of a Tyndale mug.

It was a long ceremony with a ton of speeches, but there were a few moments that I'll cherish about it forever. Like seeing all our closest friends afterwards

And visiting with the professors who most radically transformed our lives and the way we'll live them from here on out.

Above is the hubby and I with Dr. Craig Carter

Above is myself with Dr. Richard Davis. He 'hooded' both the hubby and I, very cool

(The hood is the thing I'm wearing around my neck that is a symbol of the degree earned - the hubby has a thin yellow ribbon with his to symbolize that he graduated with distinction, which are high grades.)

Both these professors have actually become quite close friends! They're amazing people will a passion for teaching the Truth and for giving Glory to God. I'll miss them a lot. In fact, when the whole graduating class applauded the faculty, I was the first to stand up, and I almost cried as I looked at the faces of our professors. It was emotional.

From here on out, we're philosophers! Now we get to sit around and think all day. *laugh*

It was such a beautiful day, and it was a long 3 hour drive home filled with reflection, prayers and thanksgiving. It's so awesome that we did this all as a married couple and we'll always be able to share the memories together.

What was your graduation (high school or otherwise) like?


3 comments:

  1. I am very jealous that you guys get hoods with your bachelor's degree. :)

    I'm a philosopher too, I guess...But it turns out not too many people will pay me to think all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right. Yea we were 'hooded' but we didn't get the traditional grad caps. We don't know why...but its for the best anyway - it was hot and those hats look kinda silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations dearie! I'm so proud of you & Mat. Now you have all kinds of spare time to come to Toronto on weekends and scrap with me!! (First Saturday in June.... I really hope you can come!!!!)

    ReplyDelete