May 16, 2009

I still cannot believe it.




I don't know how it happened but for the second time in two days I have been at a major event and have been unable to take pictures! *argh!*

Dez's birthday was last night. We had a lovely dinner at a classy place on the pier, called Dougalls. After making the birthday girl cry and disturbing the majority of the restaurant by our loudness, the twenty of us headed over to Kevin and Dana's house for cake.



This photo of Colin and Dez is courtesy of Dana - yay for stealing pics off of facebook!



Mat and I had never been to their home before but when we followed the rest of the convoy into the driveway we were sure that there had to be some mistake. Their house was a castle...no seriously, it was a castle...like it had a mote!

(Okay, so a SORT of mote, it was a fountain/waterfall thing in front of the house with a pond that ran under the 'floating' steps to the front door and around the side of the house...but 'mote' is much easier to explain, and it sounds cooler)

Their place was obviously build with entertaining in mind. They had two tables in the kitchen, one was built into the room with an 'L' shaped bench with seating for like 6 to 8 people! And everything was hardwood and barn board. So amazing! Even their cats were cool - they were pure breds and had spots exactly like leopards! So awesome!
And Dana's cakes.
Oh Dana's cakes.
*drool*

This girl's got skill.

These were the largest cheesecakes I had ever seen.


(again, photo credit to Dana)

Now I am not a fan of chocolate or carmels or toffee type things. But these I could not resist - I stole bites of both the Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake AND the Carmel Pecan Cheesecake (which I later discovered contained 5 tubs of cream cheese...soooo good)

(I got the recipes I cannot wait to have a house and host our first party!)

Later, after a BRUTAL defeat at Taboo, then men were then forced to re-inact Cinderella at the ladies request - to which they added a scene from JAWS. Priceless.


WHY!!??? Did I not bring the camera?


Today I swore I would not make the same mistake at Andrea's Bridal Shower.


Her parent's farmhouse is a beautiful century home, filled with flowers, wild plants and aged beauty. I was excited to get an excuse to take pictures of her house to use as decorating ideas when we finally move. But of course, I first needed a pic of the lovely bride to be. *laugh* Only then I discovered, there was no camera card in the camera!!

Suddenly my mind rushed back to my laptop where I distinctly remember uploading pics from Thursday *argh!*
*sigh*
Another wonderful day and not a picture to show for it.

Tomorrow we go to Sandbanks Provincial Park to visit the dear Ma-in-Law who is spending her long weekend camping. The camera battery will be fully charged and the card is already in there. I will have at least ONE picture from this long weekend to share.


What events has your long weekend been filled with?


Now, I leave you my faithful readers to scrapbook with the hubby - a moment I MUST capture with the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment