Jul 9, 2009

home sweet house

Whether you've been anxiously awaiting them, or if I just think you've been anxiously awaiting them, today I have to share with you {finally} some pictures of our new home!

So please follow me as I take you on the grand tour!

{aren't my grandma slippers awesome!?}


Our nice spacious living before we unpacked

{note the long piece of wood there leaving up against the boxes, it'll make another appearance later in the tour}


Another angle of the living room before we unloaded. My mom diligently cleaning for us while I stood around the took pictures. Thanks mom.


Our beautiful living room after. The painting behind the couch was done by the lovely Leslie.
The bush right in the middle is our awesome $5 raspberry bush - complete with berries! It's presently residing inside until we can make a little safe house for it outside where our neighborhood rabbits can't maul it like they did to our tomatoes - those cute little jerks.

{It took Mat a good solid hour of huffing & puffing to re-attach the arm to our couch...why it was detached...well there isn't enough time on this tour to tell, maybe another time}


Another angle of the living room. Behind open door #1 is Mat's office {a stop later on our tour} Behind closed door #2 is the bedroom, & the sleeping beast husband {he's so cute in the morning}.
Right next to it, open door #3 is the bathroom, which you'll just have to come over to see because I didn't want to fuss around trying to get a picture in there.
{I know you were just DYING to see what our toilet seat looks like...oh & just so your EXTRA jealous, its a BRAND NEW toilet seat too!}


Our hall, kinda part of the living room, right next to closed door #2 & dangerously close to sleeping groggy husband.
{Did I happen to mention he's so cute in the morning?}


Oh & added bonus, our living room comes complete with its own little scrapping corner for moi. Last night I just sat at it with a cup of vanilla bean rooibos tea...very soothing.

{thanks to Kelly for the awesome chair!}


& of course what would any living room be without fresh flowers from the sleeping husband?!


Now, in case you thought I left my mother to do all the cleaning herself. This picture is here to show you that your wrong, & also to show you what our kitchen looked like before.


Kitchen before - looking on to the living room.


Kitchen after. Awesome eh?


Remember that piece of wood from earlier in the tour? Of course you do. Can you spot it in this picture?


Kitchen happiness.


More kitchen happiness
{note the vanilla bean rooibos tea}


Our kitchen/living room clock that is warning me I should really put down the camera & instead get ready for work.

{*scoffs* what do clocks know?}


Bedroom before. Sorry there are no after pictures. Just picture a bed in the middle, complete with sleeping husband & a green painting in hung on the wall.


Even though your seen a lot of 'after' photos on this tour, it doesn't mean the house is completely unpacked and settled. There is still much to be done. A large majority of it is here in the office/library. Thankfully, this door closes & I don't have to look at it.

& thats pretty much it, other than our back room {which is nothing more than a chaotic mess of boxes & garbage}

later I'll share with you pictures of the lovely 7 acres of land that come with our house & the waterfront at our disposal.

Have a Happy Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful Nomie! Can't wait to come visit. Did you check if you guys are able to take the afternoon off this Friday?

    ReplyDelete