It all started Wednesday with Canada Day. Mat &I basically used the whole day off to settle into our new house.
{which is still a work in progress - thus the lack of pictures}
We were so busy we even forgot that it was Canada Day - which also included forgetting a grand bbq we were invited to out in the County!
{we were so looking forward to it!}
However, once we realized it was Canada Day & not just a random day that the country collectively decided to take off of work - we did sneak off in the evening to catch the Canada Day fireworks with some family
We had the best seats in the house - right on the bridge. Well, there were also the boats down on the water...that would have been a good seat too....but they were firing roman candles at each other...who wants that while your on a boat?!
Mat did a great job taking pics of the fireworks. It was only after the fact that I realized that a tri-pod probably would have been useful since he spent the entire time with his face behind the lens. Oh well.
Thursday - Rain. Boo.
Friday - Better. Yay!
Friday we drove up to Toronto to celebrate some birthdays. I made this cake for the occasion:
{a seemingly ordinary plain ol' run-of-the-mill cake}
Not so ordinary now eh?!
It worked out more perfectly then I had hoped! However the reactions wasn't quite what I was expecting. The first words I heard were: "Oh my goodness! It's a gay cake!"
{Thanks Jason}
Nevertheless, everyone enjoyed it. Especially the birthday girl - Bethers!
Neat swan apple eh?

{such cute napkins}
We went to Cora's for Beth's birthday breakfast
{my first time at Cora's ever}
SOOO good!
{We ate VERY well this weekend}
Next stop, Sunday.
The Canadian Forces Air Base in Trenton hosted an air show. Mat really wanted to go - so we quite literally shoveled in our breakfast at Cora's, got back on the highway & drove all the way home - 2 hours- so he could go. I had work/chores to get done & was just not that interested.
{Of course, after all his great pictures, I am regretting it now}

It certainly wasn't a quiet air show. We don't live far from the base at all. In fact my mom lives a stones throw from the end of the runway.
While I was doing laundry at her house the jets would fly over ridiculously low & rattle everything in the house, including my nerves.
The thing is, you don't hear them coming, it's not until they are right on top of you that you hear that screeching sound.
They are still pretty cool to see though. I caught a few glimpses of them above the trees while I was in my mom's driveway. Of course, Mat got a much better view.

So neat.
{The above pics are the snowbirds, there were also F18's flying around, & some other older memorial jets}
I may wish I was there, but I certainly do not wish I had Mat's sunburn. He seriously looks like he's been bathing in tomato juice for weeks - minus the nice farmers tan & sandal lines. I wanted to take a picture to share with the class, but when he's walking around like he just got off a horse, you can't help but pity the man - he needs no more public humiliation.
{Though I still laugh a little here & there when he's not looking}
What did you do this weekend?
We were so busy we even forgot that it was Canada Day - which also included forgetting a grand bbq we were invited to out in the County!
{we were so looking forward to it!}
However, once we realized it was Canada Day & not just a random day that the country collectively decided to take off of work - we did sneak off in the evening to catch the Canada Day fireworks with some family
Thursday - Rain. Boo.
Friday - Better. Yay!
Friday we drove up to Toronto to celebrate some birthdays. I made this cake for the occasion:
{Thanks Jason}
Nevertheless, everyone enjoyed it. Especially the birthday girl - Bethers!
{such cute napkins}
We went to Cora's for Beth's birthday breakfast
{my first time at Cora's ever}
{We ate VERY well this weekend}
Next stop, Sunday.
The Canadian Forces Air Base in Trenton hosted an air show. Mat really wanted to go - so we quite literally shoveled in our breakfast at Cora's, got back on the highway & drove all the way home - 2 hours- so he could go. I had work/chores to get done & was just not that interested.
{Of course, after all his great pictures, I am regretting it now}
While I was doing laundry at her house the jets would fly over ridiculously low & rattle everything in the house, including my nerves.
The thing is, you don't hear them coming, it's not until they are right on top of you that you hear that screeching sound.
So neat.
{The above pics are the snowbirds, there were also F18's flying around, & some other older memorial jets}
I may wish I was there, but I certainly do not wish I had Mat's sunburn. He seriously looks like he's been bathing in tomato juice for weeks - minus the nice farmers tan & sandal lines. I wanted to take a picture to share with the class, but when he's walking around like he just got off a horse, you can't help but pity the man - he needs no more public humiliation.
{Though I still laugh a little here & there when he's not looking}
What did you do this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment