Jul 16, 2009

Our little piece of {someone else's} paradise.

So I didn't go all kamikaze last night & go sky diving or launch myself out of a rocket or run away to some place unknown.
No, last night I went home & made a bbq dinner with Mat & relaxed {for the first time what has seemed like months}
We also went for a short little walk down through the 7 acres of land we have at our disposal with the house we rent. It's so private & quiet. I wrapped myself in a big sweater {in the middle of July, whats up with that?!} & we strolled down there before the rain came in.
Here are some of the {unedited} pics of the property. My apologies for the m being so dark, but it was just about to rain.


This is just behind our house


This is a about somewhere past the middle of the property.


THE Point.


The local Canadian Geese. For those of my Tyndale friends, these geese are NOTHING like the Tyndale geese. These ones were running from us while we were still 300 ft away. In Toronto they'd be swarming us & attacking. The geese here are chickens.



Guy fishing. I got a picture of his catch a few minutes earlier, but it was pretty blurry. I love fishing. I hope we can get our fishing license so that we can just fish right off the point.
There are canoes and kayaks we can use, but I'm not exactly fond of being out in the middle of a body of water in a small boat. In fact I hate it, I'll panic & freak out like crazy mad - especially if I don't think I can swim the distance to shore. {Can you believe I used to dream of being a Marine Biologist?}



& here's the view from the rock I like to plant my little butt on. Nothing wild & reckless about this shot, except maybe that there is goose poo on my feet & I'm not going anything about it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment