1. When is your “engagement” anniversary:
September 3rd 2004. We were on a Greyhound bus in Saskatoon heading back to Ontario from Edmonton.
2. When is your “marriage” anniversary:
June 25th 2005 - The most beautiful day of that entire summer.
3. How long have you known your spouse:
Since the summer of 2001.
4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged:
3 1/2 years
5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
I was interviewing the lead singer {Troy} from Mat's band for a magazine I was doing. The band had just ended a short tour in the states & Troy's van was broken down in front of Mat's house Troy & I drove over to Mat's to tow the van - Mat came out to say hi & he said 'hi' to me. I thought he was a jerk, he thought I was cool because I had a skull on my t-shirt.
{Mat is the one on the right, jumping off the PA, Troy is the guy with the mic. in the yellow}
6. What is your spouse’s name:
Matthew Richard Benjamin Allan {Franklin} Coker {I throw in the Franklin for fun}
7. Do you have any children:
Someday soon I hope!
8. How many – boys/girls:
We will take as many as we can get.
9. Do you have any house pets:
No. We've HAD pets. Noah was by far the greatest cat - we found a better home for him though.
10. Do you own a house or rent:
We rent a lovely two bedroom house on the waterfront of the Bay of Quinte. I don't ever want to leave. Click here for my post on our new place.
11. Do you live in the country or town/city:
Country. We love it!
12. What is one of your favorite activities together:
We love travelling, hosting dinners with friends & taking pictures together {We do wedding photography for friends} But on a a regular day we like just hanging out at home, talking together, watching MASH.
13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
Arizona
{Us at the Grand Canyon on our honeymoon, just before our descent}
14. How many siblings (including in-laws) do you have:
I have one sister, & one brother in law
15. What church do you attend?
Trenton Baptist Church
16. Is this the church you were married in:
Yup
17. What town is your current address at:
Quinte West, Ontario
18. Do you work or stay at home:
I work full-time with QYFC/Youth Unlimited right now. When we have kids I want to be a stay-at-home mom & home school.
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon:
Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell Illinois, then we drove through Texas & the southern states to Arizona. We hiked the Grand Canyon, then drove up to Monument Valley & into Colorado & went up Pike's Peak {14,100 ft.}
{Us in the Canyon, & that's only halfway!}
{Monument Valley, don't let the picture fool you, those Butte's are enormous}
{Pike's Peak, that's Colorado Springs behind us}
20.Who drives when you go out together?
Mat, only because I like to look at the scenery. If we're on a road trip we have to alternate. I drive all day he drives all night.
21.How long have you been together?
4 years married, 7 1/2 years with dating.
22. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
5 to 7 months
23. Who asked who out?
Mat asked me out. We were driving home one night & I knew something was on his mind & I was bugging him to tell me. For 40 minutes he remained silent. Finally he pulled the car over & said he'd flip a coin to decide whether he would tell me or not. It came up heads {meaning he wouldn't tell me} That didn't satisfy him. So he told me that he liked me. I told him to close his eyes {which he did} & I pretended to get out of the car {laugh}. The look on his face was priceless! Poor guy. I did, however, get back in the car & told him I liked him a lot too. We held hands the rest of the way home & he kissed me on the cheek. So sweet. {Still gives me butterflies in my stomach}
24. How old are each of you?
I'm 24 {until September} He's 28
25.Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
Philip, Mat's brother.
26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
When we are both enduring a major change. Like moving.
27. Did you go to the same school?
Tyndale!
28. Are you from the same home town?
No. He is from Trenton, Ontario. I am from FortMcMurray, Alberta.
29. Who is smarter?
Him. {Seriously, he's a genius, don't believe me, click here}
30. Who is more sensitive?
Me
31.Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We usually don't eat out, but we have a bit of a 'safety net' when it comes to travelling, Subway. When we were in New Orleans we were kind of put off by the Gumbo and Gator on a Stick, we went to Subway.
32. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
MexiCali, Mexico
{this is the van we lived in on the way there, this was taken in California the night before we hit Mexico...note: it is the same van that broke down in front of Mat's house, & on the right is Troy again!}
33. Who has the worse temper?
Me, I tend to get worked up easier, however when he is mad its serious.
34. Who does the cooking?
Me, but he is completely capable. I just like it
35. Who is more social?
Me, but he is getting much better.
37. Who is the neat-freak?
Oh, me totally.
38. Who is the more stubborn?
We are both pretty relaxed, but when we are frim on something, we're both pretty stubborn.
39. Who hogs the bed?
Neither of us really. He may beg to differ, but what do I know when I'm asleep?!
40. Who wakes up earlier?
Me. 7am. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
41. Where was your first date?
Well the day after he asked me out I went over to his place & we made out on his couch for a long time.
42.Who has the bigger family?
Extended family, mine is massive. We're like rabbits man.
43. Do you get flowers often?
When they are picked out of the garden yes. In the winter, hardly ever. But he does know my favorites.
44. How do you spend the holidays?
We do our best to split it between both families…which is hard by the way!
45. Who is more jealous?
Me. Like crazy jealous. I am totally keeping him, he's too awesome to let go of!
46. How long did it take to get serious?
We were serious from the get go. In fact on our drive home after he asked me out we put on the table some like seriously deep relationship stuff..stuff that can take months to get out.
47. Who eats more?
Oh I'm the piglet for sure.
48. Who does the laundry?
Me.
49. Who’s better with the computer?
Him. I get frustrated to easily.
50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples.
Make sure you are putting your 100% into your marriage, whether your spouse is or not. You will both benefit.







No comments:
Post a Comment