Feb 8, 2010

the news today

Sometimes I think I am too sensitive, other times I think others aren't sensitive enough.

By sensitive I mean, "affected" (or is it effected?)

Today (for example) the police finally made an arrest in the murder of two local women (& possibly others as they investigate more) & I feel sick. I didn't know either of these women but horrible stuff like this really shakes me up.

But it isn't just that this was a local thing, other things really 'get' to me too.

The guy in Manitoba who beheaded a fellow greyhound passenger (I still get a little shaken up when I see a Greyhound bus)

The mother who threw her newborn baby in the garbage in B.C.

Survivors robbing & raping fellow survivors in Haiti

Even seemingly "little" things like kids bullying/beating on kids really makes me ill.
The worst thing of all is television shows. Shows that take events like this & spin them into some form of entertainment. It sickens me.

I cannot watch a person being raped whether its acting or not. It happens in real life & I can't help but think that maybe (just maybe) there might be one less instance of murder or rape in the world if we didn't have it on television every night giving people ideas or (at least) making them insensitive to these events when they occur in real life.

I'm sorry if you're offended because you watch one of these shows. I know some of my friends do watch them. I don't mean to offend you. I just mean to speak my mind.

I know that sin is a real thing because of the people who commit these horrible acts in real life.

I know that the devil is real because he has made all of us desensitized by watching it as entertainment.

I feel sick & I'm glad I do.

Things like this should disturb us, they should shake us up because this is not the way things are supposed to be.







1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on the desensitization thing. I don't watch the news or violent television shows and movies anymore, because I didn't like that I was being entertained by the depiction of evil. Whenever we think about such things we should be mourning the sadness and devastation that such evil brings, but instead we sit with our bowl of popcorn and laugh at the funny commercials in between...

    ReplyDelete