Mar 18, 2010

Bad News

Oh this is bad. This is really REALLY bad.

In 28 days Mat and I are going to endure the hardest 17 days of physical exertion we have faced yet. 17 days of hiking canyons and mountains in Arizona and Utah.

Monday we had to climb 6 flights of stairs.

We were sooooo winded when we got to the top.

This is REALLY REALLY bad.

I forgot that the LAST time we went hiking like this we were working in a factory doing hard physical labour 5 out of 7 days AND I worked out at a gym almost every single day in preparation.

NOW - I sit at a desk in on office 5 out of 7 days and Mat sits, reads and writes.

What in the work possessed us into thinking that we were in the remotest sense in decent physical shape to do this!?

Needless to say after the 6 flights of stairs we kinda realized, we have 28 days to get our flabby butts in gear.

We have thus devised a plan to hike Mt Pelion in Trenton EVERY night, and then do a 20 minute 'power' walk. Last night was our first of 28.

27 more to go.


2 comments:

  1. haha...What's really sad is that I would be out of breath after 1 1/2 flights of stairs.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck, with a preggo belly, I wouldn't even attempt the stairs. That's what elevators are for, lol.

    ReplyDelete