Mar 5, 2010

not much

I don't have too much to say here.

Going to see Alice in Wonderland tonight with Mat. Usually I very much dislike going to the theatre but its in 3D, plus it was my favorite Disney movie (next to Peter Pan) & therefore I have a childhood sentimental investment in this film. Plus, Johnny Depp is the Mad Hatter!

Mat & I are also getting in line at 5am in the morning for Alice Cooper tickets. We found out he is coming to Belleville in July. We're hoping to get VIP tickets (which aren't much more than general admission) Mat's saved up all his birthday money for something like this. He is really excited. (I am too, I've been listening to Alice Cooper in the car ever since I found out he's coming!)

Mom & I are also bottling our wine this weekend! I'm excited to find out how it tastes!

Other than that we are anxiously counting down the days until our road trip. (41 left!)
We both got our passports back. I cannot figure out HOW they deemed Mat's photo okay. It is SOOOO dark, you can't even tell what color his eyes are. Oh well.

We also got our hiking application back from the Grand Canyon Interior. We were denied overnight hiking access. :( I'm very very disappointed, but I know there is nothing that we can do about it. So we are going to take multiple day hikes on various trails and camp at the top south rim. That's the best we can do.

Because we won't be hiking to the bottom though that may give us a little more time to take an 'extra' trip to Organ Pipe Cactus Ntl Park - and maybe a little skip over the border. We haven't decided yet. It's basically going to come down to whether or not we'll be able to make the first 20 hour drive from Fort Wayne IN to Amarillo NM.

Yeah...so that's about it.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! So sorry you can't hike down overnight, that's sucky. Hopefully it will turn out to be even more awesome this way though!

    It was awesome chatting with you guys the other day. Thanks to technology, it felt (almost) just like normal hanging out :) We miss & love you guys a ton!!!

    ReplyDelete