Dec 1st - 21 Weeks
So this is the baby's room presently. Nothing short of a mildly organized mess. It makes sense to us, well, all except for the exercise bike.
The baby's book collection. I've started to read to him/her every night. It's fun, though I realize I very much dislike reading out loud, but they can't even understand English so I don't feel stupid when I stumble over words.
Most of the books are Beatrix Potter (love the name Beatrix by the way, its like a neat blend of old and young) but anyway, have you ever read any of her books!? Neither Mat or I can figure out what the heck they are supposed to be about!
Next is the seemingly large pile of garbage. Not so. This is part of all the Christmas shopping we've done. Some gifts have had to be hidden, before this picture I took a few others, looked at them, then realized that some gifts were right out in the open. oops.
Well, since we're touring the baby's room I might as well update you as to his/her progress.
Last night I got an email from a friend who is also prego and quite a few weeks ahead of me that she can FINALLY see her baby moving from the outside. I thought, "Oh, how cool, I can't wait until we get to that point." Yeha, well, we didn't have to wait long.
I don't know if it was the hot chocolate but Squeaker was going NUTS in there last night, and we watched in bewilderment as my tummy rocked and rolled and little bumps made their way from one side of me to the other. It was so strange to watch, a little freaky but awesome nonetheless. I am a little concerned though, I mean, I'm only 21 weeks (22 on Saturday) what is this going to be like at 26 weeks? 35 weeks? My goodness, can my skin and muscles and everything else contain this child!? (Ridiculous, I know, but I never claimed to be 100% reasonable)
Now, on to other somewhat less important things.
Welcome, Christmas to our home! Please imagine heavy metal Christmas music playing in the background as you scroll through these pictures, because that's what I'm listening to. Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Yummy.
Our Cambodian hand-carved nativity set. As a side note, we have a Christmas costume party to go to, I'm going to go as a Modern Day Virgin Mary. :D
Now, amidst all these wonderful decorations, a lovely tree, and heavy metal Christmas music, something is amiss...
Instead, tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons (I could go on) of rain. It started Monday night, rained ALLLLLLLL yesterday, not a stop once, then rained ALLLLLLL night and was horribly windy (how do I know, I was up enough in the night to hear it!) and it is STILL raining. Our driveway now stands a chance of being qualified as a Great Lake.
10 minutes later..
okay...now its no longer rain, its wet snow :)
See kids, complain enough and you just might get your way!
ps - sorry no picture, it just looks bad when I try.
and now, I must go shower, eat some chocolate and get to a meeting.
bye all!
Those reindeer are SO cute! And I really like that little Christmas tree. I don't think that I've seen them before or your nativity set. Which reminds me, I need to find a nativity set.
ReplyDeleteYay for getting ready for Christmas!
Man, I really need to buy some more decorations for the house,