Jan 27, 2011

30 Weeks

Okay, so I'm like 2 days shy of 30 weeks & to my shame I realize I have done little to no documenting of the bliss and wonder of pregnancy. I haven't even so much as made a note in a journal anywhere!


I'm thoroughly excited to meet Squeaker, though at the same time I could be just as happy to keep him/her in my womb for another 9 months (provided they didn't grow too much bigger!)
I LOVE the squirming, wiggles, hiccups, and kicks. I could do without the Braxton Hicks waking me up in the middle of the night (ouch! do those ever hurt!) but all in all, I'm loving each and every moment of pregnancy.

As of this point, no major fears about birth or labour. In fact I'm pretty much just excited about it. Most people think I'm insane when I tell them that but its the honest truth. I'm convinced that no matter how painful labour may be I know in my mind, my body won't give me more than I can handle AND I know it WILL end (unless other pains people experience in life). I dead set on going drug free - to the point where some of our male friends have labeled me as their 'hero'.

One of my biggest fears has been breastfeeding - which has since been squashed due to our awesome support system of midwives and our doula who vow to not let things get so bad that we have to resort to formula.

My other biggest fear has been one that I'm not sure I want to share with the 'world' (ie: the 3 of you who read this blog) It's something I've talked about with my doula and she has assured me that many women have similar fears though most find that once the baby is born the fear becomes unfounded. I'm hoping so in our case because it is something I am quite scared of, which will affect terribly my life, my husbands life and Squeaker especially. However, it is one of those things which no one has control over and is left in the hands of the Creator who knows exactly just what He is doing with each life created in each womb. So as I've had to trust Him throughout the early stages of pregnancy (with my biggest fear of miscarriage) so now I have to trust Him again with this.

I have so much more I wish I could write, but I know my husband really needs the computer to get some work done on his thesis. I'll make a good effort to write down some of my thoughts and feelings on paper and then re-type them for your prying eyes.



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Finally you posted again! Thank-you! It's already hard enough being far away from you... you have to keep blogging!

    You look lovely - and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying things so far! I think it's awesome that you're excited about L&D. It's the most painful but awesome thing you will likely ever do in your whole life.

    Thinking of you lately!! (and I hope you feel like sharing whatever that fear is... maybe I've had it too and can offer encouragement)...

    ReplyDelete