Mar 1, 2011

Just an Update

34 Weeks

Yesterday I went to see my midwife, Stacey for my 34 week check up & got the happy news that she's pregnant too!!

We had a good laugh about how there'll be 3 pregnant women at my house when I finally go into labour - as my doula, Sarah, is pregnant too (& also has Stacey as a midwife!)

Actually, we had a lot of laughs yesterday. It's like getting together for a coffee with a friend every couple weeks - except most friends wouldn't measure your fundal height in the middle of a Tim Hortons.

We laughed pretty hard over the fact that Stacey couldn't 'find' Squeaker's head (she/he is really low and really far back) but I told her she wasn't allowed to scare me into thinking I'm having a headless child. And then I reminded her that in one of our previous meetings she couldn't find my uterus either - but I was certain then that it hadn't fallen out, & I was certain that the baby's head hadn't fallen out either.

Of course I got to hear Squeaker's heartbeat but this time through a regular stethoscope rather than the doppler. She/he has a nice loud healthy heart.

From here on out I visit the midwifery once a week and we'll have our home visit in 3 weeks. Next time I go, we'll be leaving with out home birthing kit!! (crazy!)

As for me, for the past four weeks I haven't gained a pound (in fact I lost .5 of a pound) I'm stopped for now, at 154.5. A nice 25 lbs from where I started. I was hoping I wouldn't put on much more than 30-35 so to come in under that when I am this far along is a good feeling, and gives me a lot of hope for ditching the gut afterwards.
(Saw a photo of me from September, I was SHOCKED to see that I had a waistline! I forgot that I had lost it!)

It's hard to come to grips that there are only 6 weeks left until I am at our due date. Most likely we'll go over due, & I am hoping for April 21st for no particular reason.

Well, thats it for this random update post.

1 comment:

  1. 6 weeks!!! Crazy soon!
    So this means that within about 8-9 weeks (max) I get to meet Squeaker! Which also means that in about 8-9 weeks max I'll be bugging my hubby about #2 :)

    ReplyDelete